Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How Do I Put This Stuff on a Resume?

I've finally started to face the fact that I need to put some serious effort into looking for a job.  This half-hearted approach isn't gonna cut it any longer.  There are some hard truths I must face in regards to my employment. At some point in the relatively near future (the next 12 months or so) I will need to find a new place to live.  I will also need my own health insurance.  I won't be able to have either of those things without a reliable income source.  I am also planning on at the very least sharing custody of our kids with my husband.  Again, a reliable income source and a place to live are rather important factors when it comes to custody issues.

I've been working on my resume.  Boy, that's a fun chore.  And looking at things on websites.  Everyone wants things categorized.  The big question is in what industry do you want to work.  Or, what is your specialty?  Well, as many of you should be able to guess by now, I am not an easily definable person.

Here are the things I think a potential employer should want to know about me (who I am, what I believe, and what I enjoy):


I am...

an introvert by nature
very extroverted with people I know
a team player
a people person
a problem solver
a "Why?" and a "What if?" kind of person
a quick learner (I make it a point to learn something every day)
a creative person
a thinker
a writer
an idea person
a leader
a follower
flexible



I believe in...

kindness and courtesy
treating people with respect
speaking plainly
truth and honesty
fairness
being positive
loyalty
balance



I enjoy...

working hard 
playing hard
a challenge
making goals
making mistakes
learning from mistakes

I am not looking for a career. So, I will not view my job as simply a stepping stone to something bigger and better. I am probably best suited for customer service but my skills are general and broad, my attitude good, and my willingness to learn high.  In fact, I probably need to be learning new things to stay happy.  At my last job I was cross trained to do every job possible.  I thrive on learning new things.  So, I'm not really sure how to go about looking for the job that this covers.  I could probably be happy doing almost anything.

So, if you happen to know of an opening for someone with general skills, the desire to help people or solve problems, a good attitude and pleasant demeanor, and a need to be constantly learning new things; could you give me a yell and/or put in a good word?  Thanks, I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment