Pages

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Packing and Unpacking

I finally realized
Why I have been dragging my feet
On some of this divorce stuff
I thought it was just fear
But it is so much more

I thought I was done
Grieving, hoping, wishing...
And I'm not
But things won't get better
Until I pack those things up too

I need to move on
Physically at least
I can deal with everything else
Later
By myself

I forgive him
For wanting me to be someone I'm not
And for thinking I would change
But more importantly
I forgive myself

So I'm packing up boxes
In my living room
And in my heart
I'm planning my future
And looking forward to unpacking

1 comment:

  1. I found that the physical act of separating one household into two was extremely difficult. Going from theory and discussion to tangible motion is painful, and I don't envy you. It's different for me, as I'm opening boxes with things from my first marriage and countless things that remind me of my Mom. Ghosts await in Rubbermaid it seems.

    From my experience, you will be able to get to the grieving once the tangible split has happened. I wish you and your family all the best, it's a tough process on everyone. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete