Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sleep deprivation or appathy??

Last night, today, tonight, and tomorrow is recovery time from the outrageous sleep deprivation I suffer each week. I work nights and only get sleep when the midget is sleeping. So, as soon as I get home from work (anywhere from 3:45 am to 5:30 am) I try to get right to sleep. I usually have to be up by 7:30 so that the DH can get the teenager and monkey to school. Then I get a nap (anywhere from 1-4 hours) as soon as the midget goes to sleep for nap around 9:00am. Now that the older two are out of school for the summer hopefully I'll be able to get a little more sleep. The teenager is not happy that he will have to be the one to get up from 7:30--9:00 but he will have to deal with it.

Of course, I also wonder...would I still feel so appathetic about things if I were getting more than 2-3 hours of sleep a day???? I would say that we'll never know but that's not true...we just won't know for another 3 years and 3 months....when the midget goes to kindergarten.

On the knitting front...the Harlot's Snowdrop Shawl in a cashmere blend with a sparkly accent is coming along very nicely. I am still only on the first foot of the Father's Day Socks for Dad. I need to put the shawl down and get my butt in gear on those. I have 8 days to finish this one, make the 2nd one, wash and dry them both and wrap them! No problem.

I need to get a more suitable needle for my other lace (the as yet only in my head horse shawl). I am thinking a US4 circular should do the trick. I am swatching with a 6 now and it is too loose. I need a much longer 6 for the Snowdrop so, I am going to order some new Turbos.

Other unfinished projects that are being neglected include:

Rug
Ponchos for Leslie's girls
Pink and orange bag to felt
Pillow cover
Pink sweater
Black jaywalker socks for me
Fuzzy burgandy socks for me


Planned projects not even started:

Baby blanket for Mary
Fuzzy bear hat for midget
Woobie for Steph
Skirt for me
Tank top for me
More socks for everyone

So much knitting so little time....aw, who needs sleep anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment