Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

More knitting time

Work last night was so strange. We are done receiving dairy and will be shipping all of the dairy inventory over to the other warehouse tonight. So, with the meat department heading into its last week and frozen slowing down drastically we had almost nothing to do. In the past an easy night was 900 pallets received. I've seen us do as many as 1900. Last night we had 392. And it's only going to get worse. Half of the guys were in the dairy cooler breaking down skids of product so that they would be the right height for the new warehouse (their slots are shorter than ours). Those kinds of out-of-the-ordinary odd jobs kept everyone from going crazy. Tonight the entire department is in on overtime along with an odd mix of about 20 people from all over the warehouse to move out almost 2 million dollars worth of inventory and send it 55 miles up the road.

The only good thing about being dead like this is that I have a lot more knitting time and no one gives me a hard time about it. Of course, they all know that knitting is a stress reliever for me and I'm pretty sure they are afraid that if I have nothing to do and they tell me not to knit that I'll kill someone. They probably figure whomever is the one to say something will most likely be my victim.

Last night I finished a pair of socks that are for my friend Heather's birthday. They have a 5 x 1 rib down the leg that continues down the foot and stops at the toe. The yarn is a wool-bamboo blend called Lolita from The Great Aderondack Yarn Company. The colorway is Cancun. The skein is a whopping 560 yards! This is the second pair of socks I have made from it and there is enough leftover for a third pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment