Pages

Friday, October 13, 2006

Crazy knitting...

Today is a quick and dirty no pics post. I have been knitting like a crazy person. I will find a new design, or style, or "trick" and knit it like there is no tomorrow and/or until I meet the next obsession and away we go again.

I have to say, "Thanks" to Ann and Kay of Mason-Dixon Knitting for their wonderful book as well as the mitered squares, ball band dishcloth and the log cabin knitting ( three of the recent obsessions).

I also have to give a HUGE thanks to Kory Stamper and Knitty Magazine for the awesome article on knitting two socks at one time (one INSIDE the other). Too freakin' cool!! Even non-knitters who roll their eyes anytime I talk about knitting were impressed!

I am currently just over half way done with the baby blanket....
Am designing and knitting 3 different sets of scarves and coordinated hats (one lace, one ruffley, one modified garter stitch)...

I have at last count 6 socks on needles (yup, two of them are on the SAME needle...I only use the magic loop method)...

I have designed a hoodie for the Monkey but have not so much as even swatched for it yet.

I still have to finish the sleeves of the EZ sweater I have almost finished for the Midget.

I only have to tuck tails on a pullover for the Monkey but at this rate it will end up going to the Midget (it is short sleeves)

I still have to finish a pink and orange bag that is to be felted, the rug for the downstairs bath, the huge pillow cover in outrageously huge Lion brand stuff, the Harlot's snowdrop shawl in worsted weight cashmere blend, the Buzzy scarf/wrap, the poncho's I didn't finish for last Christmas for Leslie's girls, and about a bazillion more pairs of socks for Christmas presents.

Not to mention the fact that I have made two (yes, count em...two) attempts at making mittens for the Midget and both were hideous failures. I guess there may be something to that whole measuring thing...who'da thunk it?

Sleep? who needs sleep? I just need to learn to knit things one-handed so I can work on twice as many things at once....now there's a trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment