Pages

Monday, April 09, 2007

Loop



This is Loop. A fabulous yarn shop in Philly on South Street.


I love the simple white "cubby-hole" shelving. They tell me they got them at IKEA. They have a very nice yarn collection. And an amazing array of sock yarn in particular with selections from Lorna's Laces, Schaeffer, and I forget what else...the Lorna's and Schaeffer pretty much did me in.
This was the final haul. I bought the book. Mom bought the yarn. All. The. Yarn. The two bright ones on top are mine (Anne from Schaeffer) as are the blue/green skeins in the front (Lorna's Shepherd Sock). The rest are for me to knit for Mom and Dad. Mom had some in her hands and was saying how she wanted socks out of "this". To which I said, "Are you going to let me teach you how to knit socks?"

Her reply was in effect a big NO but she would buy me my own yarn as compensation for knitting hers. Talk about a rough situation. She provides the yarn for me to knit with...so I have to give the socks to her and Dad (most of my knitting is for other people anyway) AND I get 3 skeins of some of the most gorgous sock yarn to do what I please with....boy let me have that kind of rough day every day!

The blue/green skeins are for socks for Addison. The funky brights are for me. It's hard to see but the skein on the lower right is a wild mixture of purple and green (Anne by Schaeffer) of Mom's.

I can't wait to see what they all come out like!

No comments:

Post a Comment