Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gettysburg in Spring: Monuments & the Battlefield (Part 1 of 4)

Last week I took a trip to The Gettysburg National Cemetery and Battlefield with another fantastic person that I met through Twitter.  He is Dave Pringle, owner of  Fusion Photography in Hummelstown, PA.

Earlier this year, on a whim, I visited Gettysburg in Winter.  (Part 1 & Part 2) I then decided that I wanted to see and photograph this special place at other times of the year. As Spring is definitely here and never seems to last very long I wanted to go before that special light green so indicitave of the season is replaced by the darker greens of Summer.  So, I tweeted my buddy, Dave, and we made our plans.

To keep this post from being monstrously large I have decided to break it down into a few different posts.  I have grouped the photos by themes.  I mentioned yesterday a couple of new themes I seem to be exploring right now.  Two that have resurfaced here are "The photographer photographing other photographers" and "Abstract designs and shapes particularly where edges meet".  In addition to these reoccurring themes I have three other distinct groups of photographs from our shoot in Gettysburg.  They are "The Battlefield and Monuments", "Nature", and "Roads & Paths".

The photos in this first post will be those of the monuments and the battlefield.  Only seems right to do these first.  In the earlier Winter posts I talked about the sadness I felt while I was there.  The day we went down was a gloomy, overcast, grey, misty, rainy day.  Those feelings were still there.  But not quite as intense.  Anyway, here they are:




































1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:08 PM

    One Place I eventually want to walk the ground of to feel the ghosts.

    ReplyDelete