Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gettysburg in Spring: Photographing the Photographer (Part 4 of 4)

Okay, this is the last post of photographs from my trip to Gettysburg with Dave.  This group is my favorite. Maybe it's because I'm a 'people person'.  Or perhaps it's because Dave is photogenic.  Nah, it's because he's a great guy.  

I have not kept up with the innovations in photography since I graduated in 1988.  Back then I used completely manual 35mm Olympus SLR's.  I do have a digital camera now.  In fact, I have owned several.  However, I have never used the available technology to do anything other that shoot a simple image.  No manipulation of any kind.  

Dave, on the other hand, is a professional who does weddings, portraiture, commercial, editorial, and advertising work.  He is also a talented artist both as a photographer and a painter.  He graciously let me look over his shoulder when ever I wanted throughout the day. He also patiently explained some of the cool processes he uses to achieve his final images.  

Thank you Twitter for introducing us and thank you Dave for finding me first.  You are a great guy and an amazing photographer.  Summer is just around the corner...you ready for our next adventure???   (Sorry if this is a tad embarrassing...I have a way of doing that)


























No comments:

Post a Comment