Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So Proud

As a parent I spend a lot of time like everyone else...just trying to get by, to keep up, juggling family and self and spouse and all the miriad things that go with each of those.  When it comes to the kids and my interactions with them I find that I am probably closest to Max, our oldest, who is home with me everyday for school.  With Jake, I am constantly disciplining (teaching at the best moments, punishing or just screaming like a banshee at the worst).  We laughingly referr to Carter as "The good one".  Either that, or I am screaming at him along with Jake because they can't seem to leave each other alone for even the briefest of moments.  But the label is pretty accurate.  Along with that designation does not come a lot of attention.  That's the point.  The squeeky wheel get the grease.  The good wheel gets taken for granted.  

This post is to say:  Carter, you are a good kid.  I notice you.  I appreciate you.  I am proud of you.

I took these photos last night at his spring orchestra concert.  He plays the cello beautifully.  Of course he really should practice more (hint, hint)!








I know all three of you know (okay, maybe Jake isn't old enough to get this yet) that we love each of you.  Sometimes, though, in the crazy pace of each day, we forget to say it.  So, consider yourself told.  I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment